Church of God in Ontario provides group benefit insurance through Green Shield Canada (GSC), Canada’s only national not-for-profit health specialist, and their reason for being is the enhancement of the common good.
GSC seeks innovative ways to improve access to better health for Canadians. From coast-to-coast, their service delivery includes drug, dental, extended health care, vision, hospital and travel benefits for group’s and individuals, as well as administration services.
Supported by sustainability and outcomes-based strategies, advanced technology and exceptional customer service, they create customized programs for over two and half million plan participants nationwide
UPDATES: Green Shield Everywhere
Green Shield will no longer distribute physical ID Cards and is encouraging plan members to download the GSC Everywhere application for easy, on-the-go claiming. If required, a copy of the ID Card can be printed from your web browser.
UPDATES: Retrieve Your Benefit Card and Everything to do with your Benefit Coverage
How to Register
- Contact your Plan Administrator to join the plan.
- Remember to have your GSC ID Number handy.
- From greenshield.ca, click the "Login" button (found on the right corner of any page and then choose LOGIN as Plan Member to register.
- On the "GSC Everywhere Page, click the "Register Your Account" link under the log-in button to start the registration process.
- To register your Account, you will need to enter your ID number, date of birth, and the number of dependents on your plan as well as the DOB for one of the dependents (if applicable).
- You will be required to confirm a few personal details, create a user. name and password, and provide answers to three challenge questions. You can also give authorization for other people to access your account (such as your spouse).
- And that's it. You now have access to cool tools related to your GSC Benefit Plan.
All online claims are reimbursed via direct deposit, so you will also be required to enter your banking information. This is secure - no need to worry!
Now That You Have Registered, What's Next?
- Upload your claim forms, receipts and supporting documentation.
- Arrange for claim payments to be deposited directly into your bank account (yes, it's totally secure)
- Look up coverage information about the specific drug via the "Is my Drug covered" tool.
- Find a dental, paramedical, or vision care provider in your area.
- Print personalized claim forms and replacement ID cards
- Downloads the mobile app - GSC Everywhere® - for quick and easy access to your benefits plan information, anytime, anywhere
Get Your Money Back!
On your GSC Everywhere portal, sign up for a direct deposit. It's totally secure!
How to Sign Up
- Select "Direct Deposit" from the left menu.
- Enter your bank account information
- Select whether you want to email "Statement Notification" by selecting the applicable answer to the question.
- Verify your current email address in the "Current Email Address" section (NOTE: if this is not your current email address, go to "My Profile" to change your email address).
- Click 'SUBMIT" on the "Direct Deposit Confirmation" page, verify the information you entered and click CONFIRM.
Submitting your Claim Forms
- Once registered for GSC Everywhere, select "SUBMIT a CLAIM" from the menu
- Select the type of claim you are submitting
- Enter your claim details, upload your document, if required and click SUBMIT.
NOTE: if your spouse also has coverage with GSC, you can coordinate your claim with the other GSC, plan right at the time of online submission. How cool is that?
For claims adjudicated instantly: A confirmation page will display, showing your exact claim adjudication results. We encourage you to print a copy for your records. If you are selected for an audit, you will be required to submit supporting claim documentation within a set timeframe to get your claim paid and to avoid potential suspension of access to this feature. Your supporting documentation can be uploaded online right from the audit notification.
For Uploaded Claims: A confirmation email will be sent to you letting you know your claim was received and when you can expect it to be processed. You will be able to track it through the adjudication process on the "My Web Uploads" page.
How Change 3 Life Gets you healthy?
Here's what you can do on the Change4Life Portal
- Complete a health assessment survey to receive your personalized health report card and action plan
- Track your daily health progress
- Sign up for reminders to take or refill your medication
- Sign up for healthy living reminders
- Learn about healthy living with easy-to-use educational modules
- Set personal health goals (and achieve them!)
- Much more